It's been quite a while since I've had bandwidth to sit down and get stuck into electronics again, but now I'm home for almost two months, so I'll be blogging more on here.
Over the last few months I've discovered some new Arduino shields to play with and ordered them up. Here's what I got:
1) The Wingshield Screwshield kit from Adafruit Industries. Took me about 5 minutes to solder together.
2) The Motor/Stepper/Servo Shield kit from Adafruit Industries. Took me about 1/2 hour to solder together.
3) The Arduino Ethernet Shield with micro SD connector. This comes assembled and I got it from SparkFun Electronics.
4) The WiShield from async_labs that provides 802.11b wireless. This also comes assembled.
5) The Joystick Shield Kit from SparkFun Electronics. Took about 15 minutes to solder together.
6) The Color LCD Shield from SparkFun Electronics. This just needed the headers soldered on.
Lots of potential for tinkering and cool stuff here!